Pan fried salmon, braised cabbage, bacon and onions
Ingredients (For 4 People
For the Salmon
- 15g/1oz unsalted butter
- 2 small red onions, sliced
- 2 rashers back bacon, sliced thinly
- olive oil
- 4 x 170g/6oz salmon steaks
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- small savoy cabbage , core removed and shredded
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp grainy mustard
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Heat the butter in a large pan, add the onion and fry gently for five minutes.
- Brush each side of the salmon with olive oil. Heat a non-stick frying pan, when hot add the salmon and leave to seal in the pan. Turn over hallway through cooking. Four minutes each side depending upon thickness.
- Add the shredded cabbage to the bacon and onions and stir. Cover with a tight fitting lid and continue to cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. This will ensure the cabbage will absorb the butter and retain moisture.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients together in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake to combine thoroughly. (You can also do this in a bowl with a fork.) At the end of cooking, season, then serve in a large bowl placing the salmon on top. Spoon the dressing around the edge.
Come and meet HARRI near you!
HARRI is our health and wellbeing engagement vehicle, with it we are able to travel around Lancashire to talk with the local communities and individuals.
- We engage with you; to share our ideas and plans for the future and to gain insight into what your need are.
- We offer simple signposting, advice and guidance to offer the right help at the right time in the right place for you.
On board there will be a mixed group from within the NHS and beyond, which will enable us to offer you a wide range of information on many of the issues you may be facing, such as debt, quit smoking, diabetic DESMOND, Steady On, sleep difficulties, and much more. The vehicle includes a private consulting area with disabled access.
People can visit HARRI at various locations and events throughout the year in Lancashire. For HARRI’s schedule, see the reverse of this leaflet or Lancashire Care Face book and twitter accounts for the latest updates.
HARRI is one of the many ways Lancashire Care NHS Foundation is using to reach out to communities to promote positive aspects of mental health and wellbeing.
Venue Date Times
Morecambe carnival Sat 10th Aug 2019 1 0:00 – 6:00
Morecambe Central Promenade
HARRI is also available to hire for health events and campaigns. It is the perfect vehicle to promote local services to a wide audience in just a few hours, allowing services to highlight their initiatives, raise awareness and discuss concerns. If you would like to hire HARRI for your next event, please get in touch for costings and availability.
* Call us on 01772 695 365 to speak to one of our friendly support team
* Email us at email@example.com