To: Iain Cairn Sutherland; Colin Hall; David and Val; patricia barber; Graham Williams; Janet Preston; John Keegan; Jules Kormanic; Mike Redmond; Michael Barr; Robin Pritchard; Marjorie Hall
Good Morning everyone,
please find below a message from the new editors of wagtail giving details of how to contact them and pass on information to be included. I do not have a “village email master list”so please feel free to pass it on to anyone I have not included
PS Congratulations Dave you won first prize in the village draw last night.
We sent this email to the three parish email group leads last night but I don’t think it has been circulated around Whittington. We sent it to the Whittington parish gmail thinking that was the right one but perhaps I was wrong? Are we right in thinking you are the man to speak to about circulating items to Whittington residents? Your help with this is very much appreciated.
Rachael and Sarah.
From: Wagtail News <email@example.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 at 22:06
Subject: Wagtail Magazine
To: May, Christopher (mayc) <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>, John Hamlett <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Dear Chris, John and Whittington Parish, (sorry – I do not know your name),
Please could the email below be sent out on the Whittington, Arkholme and Gressingham email lists as soon as possible? If anyone poses questions about what is written therein to you directly, please ask them to send their enquiries to this address (email@example.com).
Rachael & Sarah.
Dear Arkholme, Gressingham and Whittington residents,
Allow us to introduce ourselves. We are the new Wagtail magazine editors and are excited to bring you the next edition. We extend a huge thank you to Michael for all the brilliant work he has put into developing the publication in years past, and up to December, 2019, and for all the help he has provided in handing over relevant contacts and information to us.
Initially, our goal is that the new-look Wagtail containing 20 pages of content, will be issued to households once every two months, starting in March, 2020. The deadline for any items you wish to be published in the next magazine will be Monday 24th February. Please send all items to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following will feature in the magazine:
– a news page for each parish,
– classifieds and adverts for local businesses (please email email@example.com if you would like to receive a media/ advertising pack from us),
– Church items and events,
– Parish Council minutes/ meeting reports
– regular columns by willing contributors, including our favourite weather reports, a vinyl of the month feature and spotlight interviews with willing locals by a young, talented reporter,
– Write-ups of local meetings, eg. the Women’s Institute,
– double children’s page feature, including their work, quizzes and puzzles,
– publicity for events in Whittington, Arkholme and Gressingham, and in the wider parishes.
We are still looking for people to help us with the following:
– a quizmaster; someone who would be willing to write and provide a cryptic crossword or sudoku-style puzzle for each issue,
– someone who would like to write a food and drink page, which could feature recipes to share, reviews of local restaurants etc.,
– photography of our three villages which you would be happy to feature as artwork in the magazine.
Once again, please write to this email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to help us in any way. Thank you to all those who have offered their support in the distribution of the Wagtail in each of the three parishes. We will be in touch with you imminently.
Kindest regards and thank you for your support.