Pan fried salmon, braised cabbage, bacon and onions
Ingredients (For 4 People
For the Salmon
- 15g/1oz unsalted butter
- 2 small red onions, sliced
- 2 rashers back bacon, sliced thinly
- olive oil
- 4 x 170g/6oz salmon steaks
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- small savoy cabbage , core removed and shredded
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp grainy mustard
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Heat the butter in a large pan, add the onion and fry gently for five minutes.
- Brush each side of the salmon with olive oil. Heat a non-stick frying pan, when hot add the salmon and leave to seal in the pan. Turn over hallway through cooking. Four minutes each side depending upon thickness.
- Add the shredded cabbage to the bacon and onions and stir. Cover with a tight fitting lid and continue to cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. This will ensure the cabbage will absorb the butter and retain moisture.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients together in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake to combine thoroughly. (You can also do this in a bowl with a fork.) At the end of cooking, season, then serve in a large bowl placing the salmon on top. Spoon the dressing around the edge.